Handmade in Michigan
My pottery is handmade on a wheel using stoneware clay. Each piece is a unique, functional work of art featuring bold patterns created with wax resist and contrasting glazes. I mix my own glazes and they are all food safe and lead free.
About My Pottery
- Handmade in Ypsilanti, MI
- Dishwasher Safe
- Microwave Safe
- Oven Safe (see care tips)
- Food Safe
- Lead Free
- Avoid sudden temperature changes; thermal shock can cause pottery to crack or break.
- Always place pottery into a cold, not preheated, oven.
- Never use pottery on a stovetop or open flame.
About the Artist
My passion for the arts has manifested itself in many ways—photography, painting, graphic design and illustration—but my true love has always been clay.
Pattern, color and contrast all play a huge role in my work, especially in my wax resist surface decoration. I enjoy designing pieces that can be used daily and function well. Many people tell me I make their favorite mugs!
I have studied ceramics at the Flint Institute of Arts and Oakland Community College. I currently work in my private home studio located in Ypsilanti, Michigan.